All customers who hire (“the Hirer”) from Lumina, do so in agreement with the following Terms & Conditions:
- The Hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of Luminous Letters, Numbers, Letter Sets, Mini-Golf Set(s) and other Lumina products, ensuring they are in good conditions during the hire period (between pre-event drop off and set up, through to post-event pick up/collection).
- During the hire period, the Hirer is solely responsible for Lumina products.
- Lumina reserves the discretion and the right to hold a damage deposit for any hire period. Lumina will typically hold or charge a damage deposit of up to $2000 NZD approximately one week before the event start date. At the end of the event when the products are collected, Lumina representatives will conduct a thorough check that products have not been damaged during the hire period. If no damage is found, Lumina will release or refund to the Hirer the full damage deposit within 10 working days after the event finish date.
- In the event of any of our items requiring repair because of the Hirer’s negligence, misuse or abuse, Lumina will either extract the full repair cost from the Hirer’s damage deposit (if one was taken at Lumina’s discretion) and charge to the Hirer any additional repair costs, or charge to the Hirer the full repair cost where no damage deposit was taken.
- If in any event, the goods are damaged beyond economical repair, or are lost, the Hirer shall bear the full write off cost (minus any damage deposit that was taken at Lumina’s discretion).
- Lumina accepts no responsibility for any injuries, damage or claims whilst the Hirer is using our products during the hire period.
- The Hirer will indemnify Lumina against any and every expense, financial loss, claim or proceedings whatsoever or damage to or loss of property arising out of the delivery, use, non-use, repossession, collection or return of the equipment or any part of it.
- Lumina will endeavour wherever possible to ensure that pre-agreed delivery and collection times are adhered to. However, Lumina cannot accept responsibility for late deliveries or collections, due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Where a booking is made more than 30 days prior to the event start date, 50% of the full Invoice (initial deposit) is required to secure the products and the date. The remaining 50% of the full invoice will be charged/taken approximately 30 days before the event start date.
- Where a booking is made 30 days or less prior to the event start date, 100% of the full Invoice (full payment) is required to secure the products and the date.
- Without initial deposit or full payment (depending on the date of the booking in relation to the date of the start of the event where hire products are required – see (9) and (10) above), hire products are not secured for the date and will be fully available for booking.
- Issuance of an Invoice from Lumina to the Hirer implies that the Hirer has full intention to pay for the hired products. As it would follow, Lumina has the right to follow up with the Hirer multiple times and ask for fulfilment of the Invoice.
- Full payment is required prior to delivery. Lumina fully reserves the right to not deliver the hired product, unless full payment is cleared, can be evidenced to have been paid or an alternative arrangement prearranged with the Director of Lumina has been made.
- Cancellation terms: – Cancellation with 60+ days to go before your event date: Lumina will keep the Initial Deposit (50% of your full Invoice) and refund you anything beyond this that you have paid. – Cancellation with less than 60 days to go before your event date: Lumina will keep the Initial Deposit (50% of your full Invoice) and any monies beyond this that you have paid. – Cancellation with less than 30 days to go before your event date: Lumina will keep all monies paid to date. – Days means calendar days
– Postponement to a future date (regardless of how soon or how far away the new date is) will be considered a cancellation of the originally booked date for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, and thus triggering these cancellation terms. In the instance of a postponement, Lumina reserves the full right to make a decision on whether to apply the above cancellation terms, to what extent, or whether an alternative solution will be applied.
- The Hirer and event attendees authorise Lumina to use photographs and videos from the event(s) that has used Lumina products for Lumina marketing, branding, sales and business development purposes.
- Lumina prioritizes its customers and customer service. If you have any concerns with our Terms & Conditions, please contact us.
- Lumina reserves the full right to amend its Terms & Conditions at any time, without any obligation to directly or indirectly inform its customers, patrons, partners and associated parties.